African Eden Regular Departures
N.B Children under 7 years are not allowed at the Ark/Mountain Lodge/Treetops.
No single rooms are available at Treetops.
On arrival met by the representative of Africa Eden and transferred to your hotel in Nairobi. Country Lodge ( Bed & Breakfast) * If morning flight then we shall visit Karen Blixen Museum, Giraffe centre and have lunch at a restaurant. www.country lodge.com
Leave Nairobi and drive north climbing towards Nyeri. You pass a mosaic of small farms on fertile hillsides. You cross the Equator and drive further north to Samburu Game Reserve for lunch. This is an area of wild and stark beauty with thorn scrub, volcanic rock and dramatic rocky mesas. Doum palms grow on the banks of the meandering Ewaso Nyiro River which attracts the many wild animals of the region. Samburu is the home to many rare species of animals such as the Reticulated giraffe, grevy zebra, beisa oryx, and the long-necked gerenuk antelope. An afternoon game drive in the reserve is followed by dinner and overnight in a lodge. Samburu Sopa Lodge or similar. www.sopalodges.com
A full day to appreciate the wild beauty of the area and to enjoy an early morning and an afternoon game drive. Families of elephant come to the river to drink, herds of long horned oryx roam the plains and the Reticulated giraffe with their dark markings browse among the acacia. Fullboard in a lodge
After breakfast drive to Nyeri. . Those travellers going to The Ark will have lunch at the Aberdare Country Club while those bound for Treetops lunch at Outspan Hotel. Those going to Mt.Lodge will go directly to the lodge for lunch. In the afternoon you will drive to a dramatic wooden lodge built deep within the forest. A floodlit waterhole and salt lick in full view of the comfortable lounge areas allow guests to watch animals at any time of night, rhino, lion, elephant and buffalo are regular visitors. www.fairmonthotels.com
After breakfast drive to Lake Nakuru in the Rift Valley with a stop at Thompson’s Falls. After lunch on your afternoon game drive in Lake Nakuru National Park you will see huge flocks of pink flamingoes as well as other birdlife and many animals, especially waterbuck and warthogs. Dinner and overnight are spent at a lodge. www.flamingohillcamp.com
After breakfast, drive to the Maasai Mara Game Reserve via the Great Rift Valley and Narok. You will arrive in time for lunch at your lodge or luxury tented camp. In the afternoon you have a game drive in this spectacular reserve which is known for good game viewing and sustains all of the ‘ Big Five’ including the largest population of lion in Kenya. The enormous landscape of the Mara and its concentration of many varieties of game make it a fitting climax to your safari.
Early morning and afternoon game drives allow you the chance to enjoy the interaction of wild animals in the magnificent park like settings of the Maasai Mara. As well as searching for the Big Five, you will see herds of plains game and spot many marvellous birds. Dinner and overnight at the lodge/camp.
Enjoy breakfast before driving back via the Great Rift Valley to arrive in Nairobi at approximately 1300hrs and transfer to the airport for your onward flight home.
- Twin Share Room Hotel/Lodge Accommodation while on Safari. (Single Room at an Extra Charge)
- Services of Knowledgeable, Spanish Speaking, Kenyan Driver/Guide.
- All Driver/Guide, Vehicle and Client National Reserve and or Park Entry Fees.
- All meals while on Safari, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Picnic Lunches En-route where stated.
- Transport in Safari Prepared Minibus, with Pop-up Rooftop and Guaranteed Window Seats.
- A “Fantastic Experience!”
WHATS NOT INCLUDED…
< < Back
- Visas, Inoculations, Departure Taxes, Travel, Health and Baggage Insurance. (Recommended)
- Anti-Malarial’s, Laundry, Gratuities, Curios, Telephone/Fax/Email and or any shipping charges.
- Accommodation when NOT on Safari i.e. First and Last Nights in Nairobi.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, mineral water and meals other than those specified.
- Any other items that are of a personal nature.